Frequently Asked Questions
- How to backup recipes to SD card and restore recipes from SD card?
- How can I view all my saved recipes on android phone?
- I am not able to save recipes on android phones?
- Can I view my recipes by category?
- Are my recipes Sortable?
- How to view all my Recipes?
- Searching recipes on android phone
- How to categorize recipes?
- What are the required fields to enter for a recipe?
- How to create your own wine list?
- How to save Recipes on android phone?
- How to link 2 Recipes
- How to make recipes "PRIVATE"
- How to post a recipe?
Backup recipes to SD card:
Import recipes from SD card:
To Retrieve your Saved recipes:
- Click on "My Recipes" button (from main menu)
- Select location of your saved recipes "Android Phone".
- You should see your saved recipe.
To save recipe
- Click on New Recipe button
- Fill all the required fields(Name, Description and yield).
- Save or Save & Quit Recipe - Save option will just save your recipe and you can continue editing . If Save and Quit option is selected then you should see a dialog box "Recipe Saved. Do you want to Quit" Yes/No. Select Yes to go back to the main page else continue editing your recipe.
P.S. Please note that when you are saving recipes on your Android phone all recipes are saved in your phone's internal memory (notCard), so please make sure you have enough memory on your phone.
In your android powered cell phone recipes List on pressing the menu button there is an option for "List Options" On clicking you get a popup to choose a category of recipes.
Currently this feature is not supported for recipes from AllMyRecipesOnline.com.
The recipes on your android powered cell phone are sortable. When viewing your recipe list click the menu button one your phone. There is an option of "Sort By". On clicking it will pop options to sort by Name and Date entered.
Recipes on AllMyRecipesOnline.com are not yet sortable and is planned for future updates.
You can view all your recipes in the My Recipes button on your apps main page. On clicking My Recipes you will get the option to select the source of your recipes. i.e. on your android powered cell phone or "AllMyRecipeOnline.com".
Recipes can be searched on your android phone and on AllMyRecipesOnline.com. Goto "Search Recipes" from your Apps home page. On clicking you get 2 options.
- Search on Phone
- Search on www.AllMyRecipesonline.com.
While creating a new recipe or while editing a recipe there is an option for category. Choose a category that best suites your recipe by default Appetizer is set for your recipe. The following are the recipe categories on your application.
- Brunch and Breads
- Soups and Salads
- Main course
- Coctails and Drinks
- Sea Food
- Pasta and frains
- meat and Poultry
- Slow cooker
Recipe Name, Description and yield are the required fields to enter for a recipe. Rest of the fields are optional but to make a recipe complete it is nice to fill in the ingredients and Instructions for the recipe.
To create a wine list goto My Recipe Box--> My Wine List --> Add Wine as shown in the figure below. This will show you a form that you can fill. Once a wine entry is created you can view them in "My Wine List".
Create a New Recipe by clicking "New Recipe" button on your home page. Enter your recipe in the form here. Click the menu key on your cell phone. There is an option to "Save" and "Save and Quit". "Save" saves your recipe and you can continue editing the recipe or click "Save and Quit" to save and go back.
You can link 2 recipes while creating a recipe. Goto New Recipe, you will see a tab for "Link Recipe" Choose any of your recipe to link it with this recipe or select a public recipe on AllMyRecipesOnline.com. The linked recipe will be displayed along with your recipe.
You can either share recipes or make them private to you. Private Recipes are visible to only you and the web administrator. They can never be accessed without your login. By default all recipes are PUBLIC. To make the recipes "Private" check the box next to make the post private while creating a new recipe or editing a recipe. Here is a screenshot.
Just below the website name in the header there are tabs. Hover over "My Recipe Box" This will open sub menus. Select the option "New Recipe".