Chipotle Seitan and Roasted Potato Tacos
|I am cooking in|
Spicy and delicious
|1||Cup||beer (Light Colored)|
|2||Chipolte Peppers (In adobo sauce)|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a large baking sheet, spread diced potatoes and toss in oil to coat. Sprinkle with salt and roast for 18 to 20 minutes, flipping potatoes once during roasting. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together beer, garlic, chipotles, adobo sauce, oregano, cumin, lime juice, olive oil, and salt. Add seitan strips, and marinate for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, heat peanut oil. Add a quarter of the marinated seitan at a time. Fry seitan 3 to 4 minutes per side, flipping once, until brown and crispy. Pile seitan onto large plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Reserve leftover marinade.
- To the same skillet, add half of the roasted potatoes and half of the reserved marinade. Fry potatoes, stirring, for about 3 minutes, then place on plate with seitan. Repeat with remaining potatoes and marinade. Carefully wipe down skillet with a paper towel, and place one tortilla in skillet. Heat tortilla about 20 to 30 seconds, until softened. Flip once and heat other side, then repeat with other tortillas.
- To assemble the tacos, onto a serving plate, place heated tortilla and arrange equal parts seitan and potatoes down the center. Top with pico de gallo, shredded cabbage, cilantro, onions, and jalapeños.
Make roasted potatoes separate, recipe above is for seitan marinade.