Minced meat and rice
My husband makes for my son for his lunch and he absolutely loves it.
|1||Pound||Minced meat (chicken or any other meat)|
|2||Cup||chopped onions (1 big onion)|
|1||Teaspoon||Caraway seeds (or cumin seeds )|
|1⁄2||Cinnamon stick (1/2 inch)|
|1||Teaspoon||salt (to taste)|
|1||Teaspoon||cayenne pepper (or red chili powder)|
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and add the caraway seeds or cumin seeds, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick and let it heat up for about 30 seconds so that the oils of the spices can perfume the oil.
- Add onions and cook till it is golden brown.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, paprika, turmeric to the onions and cook on a low flame for about 30 seconds.
- Add 1 tsp of water to this (sprinkle some water) and cook for about 1 minute till you see oils being released around the edges.
- Add minced meat to this onion base and cook uncovered for about 5 minutes.
- Add water if needed such that the meat does not burn.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to the above and cook for a minute.
- Garnish it with coriander.
- In a stir fry wok add the above minced meat mixture and toss it with rice and serve hot.
You can prepare the minced meat mixture and freeze it and toss it with rice when ever you are ready to eat. Instead of rice you can add the minced meat base to pasta and garnish it with parmesan cheese.