Okra (Bhindi subzi)
Okra or Bhindi Subzi in India is eaten very often with Chapatti (Roti) This is not only nutritious but tastes well too. If you do not have all the ingredients just tossing them in oil with cumin and coriander seeds will taste good too.
|1⁄2||Teaspoon||dried mango powder(amchoor)|
|1⁄4||Teaspoon||red chilli powder|
|1⁄2||Teaspoon||Cumin seeds (zeera)|
|1⁄2||Teaspoon||mustard seeds (rai)|
- Cut bhindi (okra) into small slices.
- In a wok heat oil, add cumin, mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies on a medium heat till they begin to splutter.
- Add the onions and cook them till they are tender and translucent.
- Add okra (bhindi) to it and toss for a minute.
- Add the rest of the spices (cumin powder, coriander powder, dried mango powder, salt and red chilli powder)
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes tossing occasionaly.
- Keep cooking till the sliminess of the okra goes away.
- Serve hot with rotis.
Methi ( fenugreek leaves) and one chopped tomato can be added to the onions for a better taste.