Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling
|1||Package||Spice Cake Mix|
- Combine cake mix and spices. Combine all wet ingredients. Combine wet and dry and mix very well. Cream cheese Filling: 8 oz. cream cheese, softened, a dash of allspice, 1/4 t. vanilla extract, 1 T sugar. Stir cream cheese until smooth. Add other ingredients. Mix well. Oven at 350 and grease 24 muffin openings.
- Place enough batter in each muffin cup to just cover bottom (use small cookie scoop to put 1 full scoop in each well).
- Make a little well in the center with back of teaspoon.
- Put a rounded teaspoon of cream cheese filling in each well (use small cookie scoop filled about 3/4 of the way).
- Cover each glob of filling with more batter (use small cookie scoop, a little more than one scoop per muffin).
- Lightly smooth the tops of the batter to cover the cream chese.
- Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over all of the muffins.
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from pan to a wire rack after 2-3 minutes of cooling.
- Streusel topping: 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 t cinnamon, dash of salt, 1/8 cup chopped pecans, 1/2 stick cold butter. Pulse in food processor until well combined and pea-sized. Store in frig until ready to use.